Information for 2018 Quit and Win Campaign
- The Quit & Win Competition is jointly organised by Chinese Australian Services Society (CASS) and NSW Multicultural Health Communication Service (MHCS). The aim of the project is to reduce the smoking rate of the Chinese community in NSW.
- All participants need to register for the competition before 28 September 2018. The Participants must register as a team of two. Each team must include one smoker (the participant) and one support person (quit smoking buddy).
Smoker receiving support from others is a key feature of the competition. If the participant can stop smoking with the help of their supporter during the competition period (in 4 weeks’ time), the successful team (both the smoker and the support person) will receive a certificate and souvenirs at the end of the competition. The team will then enter the final lucky draw to potentially winning a prize for both the participant and support person.
- Participant needs to be aged 18 or above and a smoker for more than 1 year.
- Participants must have a support person aged 18 or above who has never smoked or has stopped smoking for over 1 year.
- Participants and their support person are residents of NSW.
- The participant needs to call the NSW Chinese Quitline 1300 784 836 (Cantonese: Wednesday 2 to 10pm, Thursday 3pm to 10:30pm, Saturday 9am to 5pm; Mandarin: Wednesday, Friday and Saturday 9am to 5pm) or NSW Quitline 137 848 (Monday to Friday: 7am to 10:30pm; Saturday, Sunday and public holidays: 9am to 5pm) prior to the start of the competition. The Quitline will provide the participants with a Quitline reference number. This number needs to be written on the Declaration Form when the four-weeks competition is finished.
- The participant and the support person must sign the declaration form at the end of the competition period.
- Employees of CASS, MHCS and Cancer Institute NSW are not eligible to enter this competition as participant or support person.
- The support person can be anyone who encourages and supports the participant (smoker) throughout the competition period.
- To be qualified as a support person, they need to be 1) a non-smoker or has stopped smoking for over 1 year, 2) aged 18 or above, and 3) living in New South Wales (NSW) during the period of the competition.
- The support person can be a friend, family member, colleague or someone who contacts the participant (smoker) on a regular basis (minimum 3 times a week).
- Complete the on-line registration form or download a registration form from our website www.quitandwin.com.au.
- Return the completed paper form to CASS.
- By Post: Quit & Win Organiser, CASS, 44-50 Sixth Ave Campsie NSW 2194 or
- Fax： (02) 9718-6357 or
- Scan the completed from and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Scan the completed form and send it via WeChat: QuitAndWin
- The deadline of the submission is Friday 28 September 2018.
- Successful participant and the support person – Certificate of Recognition and souvenir.
- Final lucky draw for successful Quit Smoking team (participant and the supporter) – Family holiday package to Moore NSW (2 tickets for the participant and 2 tickets for the supporter).
- Participants must not use any tobacco products including hand-rolled cigarettes, cigars, hookahs, electronic cigarette, smoking pipes, smokeless products (chewing tobacco or snuff) throughout the competition period (1 to 28 October 2018).
- All participants who stop smoking during the competition period will receive souvenir and certificate.
- Successful participants will also enter into the final lucky draw for the grand prize.
- The Quit & Win competition will hold the final lucky draw on 30 November 2018 for participants who have successfully stopped smoking during the competition period.
- The winner of the grand prize will be contacted by CASS by email and phone call within 7 working days of the lucky draw.
- To receive the grand prize, the winner will be required to undertake a smokerlyser test at a location agreed by the organisers and to attend relevant promotion activities.
- Participants and their support person agree to the organiser collecting and using their photographs in media and promotion.
- Both participant and supporter need to submit the “Quit & Win Competition Declaration” within 2 weeks after the competition. The deadline for submitting the “Quit & Win Competition Declaration” is 16 November 2018.
Complete the on-line declaration form or return a printed declaration
By Post: Quit and Win Organiser, CASS, 44-50 Sixth Ave Campsie NSW 2194
Fax： (02) 9718-6357
- Participants agree to be contacted by the organisers to participate in follow-up evaluation of their Quit & Win Competition and smoking cessation effectiveness after one year.
Monday 1 October to Sunday 28 October 2018.
- Australian Chinese Medical Association
- Central and Eastern Sydney PHN
- Northern Sydney Local Health District
- South Eastern Sydney Local Health District
- Sydney Local Health District
- University of Technology, Sydney
For more information about the Quit and Win Competition, please contact us:
- visit Quit and Win competition website: www.quitandwin.com.au
- call Quit and Win information line on 0419 696 425 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)
- email: email@example.com
- contact us via WeChat: QuitAndWin